iSignal Medical App
The Cognition Group is a global company providing rater training, CNS scientific knowledge, technological innovation and project management expertise to the biopharmaceutical industry. Its computerised test platforms, such as COGTEST ®, are widely used in clinical trials and academic research.
The Cognition Group approached Optima to port an existing windows product called iSIGNAL onto the iPad platform. The aim of the app is to enable clinicians to capture data quickly and easily from service users. Having developed it as an Enterprise App means that the distribution is controlled by The Cognition Group.
The benefits of having the iSIGNAL on an iPad include:
– No cables or wires – unlike the desktop environment, iSignal can record videos without cables and wires
– Portability – provides flexibility to capture patient interviews in many environments
– No firewall issues – secure data and video transmission over 3G mitigating issues associated with hospital/site-based firewalls
– HD video – excellent video and audio quality can be achieved with an iPad
– Logistical improvement – iSignal can be remotely installed at site-based iPads, avoiding customs duties and shipping costs
Subhash Goswami, Chief Operating Officer for The Cognition Group:
“We chose to work with Optima as the app was reasonably technical and they had been highly recommended. Their team of developers enabled us to deliver the app for a time critical clinical trial both on time and on cost.The professionalism and dedication of their team helped us to produce an app that exceeded our expectations, we would recommend their work.”
February 6, 2013 by Ian Cowlishaw